Object's Weekend Kitchen brings you new and inspiring recipes from our favourite foodie bloggers, made with love by talented lady bakers. From lazy brunches, nibbles and bites, dinner party ideas or suggestions to spruce up your work lunches, we've got it covered!
This weekend we're cookin'...
BRUNCH: Baked Blueberry French Toast by Marla Meredith
On the clock ....
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 8 Slices Baked French Toast
What you'll need ...
- 8 pieces Whole Wheat Bread or Gluten Free Bread (store bought 1/2 inch slices)
- 5 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Milk (dairy or dairy free)
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries, thawed
- Cooking Spray
- 8 pats of Butter
What to do ...
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, salt & cinnamon. Dip each piece of bread in batter. Let excess drip back into bowl. Place bread on a single layer on sheet pan. Let bread soak in the egg mixture for 5-10 minutes. Top bread with thawed blueberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until egg batter is soaked in & bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven & top with butter & maple syrup. Serve while hot.
Colorado based, lady baker, Marla Meredith curates an amazing family-friendly food and lifestyle blog, Family Fresh Cooking. With a strong focus on wholesome recipes that are perfect for sharing and home-cooking, Marla's mouth-watering food photography is beautifully styled in wonderfully natural way. Think crumbs on tables, oozing cheese over spills and slightly charred baked cake edges, imperfect makes perfection kinda motto. And it works, this is REAL cooking after all.